With the Moreton Bay Rail Link (MBRL) commencing services mid next year, Translink is NOW seeking your feedback on proposed connecting bus and train timetables.
You can provide feedback by:
- Attending a community consultation session. The nearest one is on Tuesday November 17 from 4pm to 7pm at the North Lakes Community Centre.
- (other opportunities exist for 19 Nov at Rothwell Community Centre (9.00am to 12 noon) & the Kallangur Community Centre on Friday 20 Nov (9.00am to 12 noon).
- Completing the online survey. Click on the large MBRL “Have your say!” image on translink.com.au home page.
WHAT TRANSLINK IS PROMISING?
More than 650 train services per week with high frequency trains every 6-12 minutes in morning and afternoon peak periods.
- Express services all day every day in both directions with Trains every 30 minutes in off peak periods and on week-ends.
- 55 minute journey times from Kippa-Ring to Central.
The proposed new timetable does show services every 6 minutes on weekdays from 6:46 am to 7:28 am inbound from Kippa Ring but there are only two instances in the evening where trains are 6 minutes apart.
While there are indeed express services on both the Caboolture and Kippa-Ring lines, the Caboolture line takes only 30 minutes to travel from Petrie to Central whereas it takes an extra 9 minutes between the same two stations on the Kippa-Ring line.
This is because the Caboolture line runs express from Petrie to Northgate whereas the Kippa-Ring line stops at all stations, an extra 9 in total. Both lines run express from Northgate to Eagle Junction (missing Nundah and Toombul) and from Eagle Junction to Bowen Hills (missing Wooloowin and Albion).
Changes are also proposed for the 681 and 682 bus services. The 681 service, which previously provided morning and evening services between the Village and Petrie train station, will provide morning services from the Village to Mango Hill train station. The 682 service will provide services in the reverse direction in the afternoon.